If you’re looking for a new TV, you’re faced with dozens and dozens of choices. If you’re looking for a good sized 60 inch TV, and have a budget of under 1000, you’re looking at the right page.
Our Top Pick
- Our Top Pick
- 8 Best 60 Inch TVs Under $1000
- 8. LG Electronics 60LF6100 LED Smart TV
- 7. Sharp LC-60LE660 60 inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
- 6. HISense 55H7GB2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 5. Vizio M55-C2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 4. Seiki SE65GY25 65 inch 1080p LED TV
- 3. Samsung UN55JU6700 Curved 55 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 2. LG Electronics 60LN5400 LED TV
- 1. Sony XBR55X810C 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 60 Inch TV Buying Guide
LG Electronics 60LF6100 LED Smart TV
Why we like it best:
- Can manage more inputs
- Smart functionality makes it more likable to users
- Affordably priced
When you’re looking for a TV of this size, you need to check a few things. Is the room well lit? Is it your bedroom or the living room? Do you plan to connect other devices or appliances to it? A gaming console? A home entertainment system? How big is the room? A television’s arrival may result in you rearranging the furniture. Will you be mounting this to the wall, or will it be free-standing?
LED TVs require big brightly lit rooms. You have choices for HDTVs and even 4K now that they have become more affordable. A TV with an HDMI port for output is usually helpful, but check as well if your console or home theater system needs composite or AV cables as well. Make sure everything works together. That is why it is important to check the specs. This article will try to help you get the TV that’s right for you.
8 Best 60 Inch TVs Under $1000
|Brand/Model||Key Features||User Feedback||Pricing Level||Our Rate|
|LG Electronics 60LF6100 LED Smart TV||Smart Functionality with backlit LED screen & refresh rate of 120Hz, measures 54.1" x 31.3" x 2.3" without stand, Inputs: 3 HMDI, 3 USB 2.0, 1 RF, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 Digital Audio Out (optical), 1 LAN, 1 RS232||Outstanding||Affordable||4.7 / 5|
|Sharp LC-60LE660 60 inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV||Refresh rate of 120Hz (Native) with AquoMotion 240 (Effective), LED (Edge-Lit) screen with SmartCentral Apps, comes with universal remote control||Good||High||3.9 / 5|
|HISense 55H7GB2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV||Smart Functionality with LED backlit screen, refresh rate of 120 Hz, with 4 HDMI & 3 USB ports, LAN port for Ethernet, 1 Digital Audio Output, & 1 RF Input plus many more||Very good||High||4.1 / 5|
|Vizio M55-C2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV||Built-in Wi-Fi & LED (Full Array w/ 32 Active LED Zones), refresh rate 120 Hz, 5 HDMI & 1 USB ports & includes remote control||Very good||Affordable||4.3 / 5|
|Seiki SE65GY25 65 inch 1080p LED TV||Backlight: LED (Full Array) with 120 Hz refresh rate, Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 VGA, Dimensions without stand: 58.84'' x 34.82" x 3.98''||Good||High||3.9 / 5|
|Samsung UN55JU6700 Curved 55 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV||Refresh Rate: 120CMR (Effective), LED backlight & Built in Wi-Fi, Smart Functionality plus 4 HDMI & 3 USB ports||Very good||Affordable||4.5 / 5|
|LG Electronics 60LN5400 LED TV||Direct LED backlight, refresh rate: 120 Hz & Motion Clarity Index: 240 (Effective), Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 RF, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 Digital Audio Out (optical)||Very good||Affordable||4.2 / 5|
|Sony XBR55X810C 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV||Smart functionality with 120Hz refresh rate & Motionflow XR960, LED backlit screen, 4 HDMI (HDCP 2.2) & 3 USB ports||Very good||Affordable||4.4 / 5|
8. LG Electronics 60LF6100 LED Smart TV
This 60-inch Smart TV from LG Electronics is a pretty good choice for people who not only enjoy a good movie or game but also maintains social media accounts. The Smart functionality allows you to access your facebook, twitter and other places on the web. Do this without accessing your phone or your computer. It has 3 HDMI ports, 1 RF, AV, Digital Audio, LAN and RS232 outputs. Connect any of your other devices to the TV as needed. Enjoy Full HD with this Energy Star Qualified TV.
7. Sharp LC-60LE660 60 inch Aquos 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
The Smart functionality is indeed a feature that is present on most TVs these days. Save power with this TV as you enjoy hours of fine viewing. HD resolution all throught, where highs are highs and lows are lows. Apps are available on the SmartCentral Mobile App. Enjoy connectivity and ease of sharing through the internet. The TV also has 4 HDMI ports, now considered a staple output port for most other devices to connect to. Enjoy superb picture quality and the convenience of parental control over your content. There is an issue however with the settings, and ou may want to set it to your preferences the first time.
6. HISense 55H7GB2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
View movies and games in 4K Ultra Hd with this new brand of TV. Although the size is actually 55 inches, there is a 60-inch version for just a little more than 1000. Android supplies the apps for this unit, so there is no shortage of apps you can use over the internet. Many satisfied people have commented positively; Whether you’re watching a movie or a game, the television has performed to their expectations. Some even claim it exceeded their expectation. A firmware update may interrupt your use of the TV once in a while.
5. Vizio M55-C2 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
This smart TV comes with preinstalled apps for Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, and pandora. 5 HDMI ports allow connectivity to your consoles and sound systems, or entertainment set up. We told you that a TV of this size needs a room that is well lit, but this model has FALD, or Full Array Local Dimming. That allows you to dim the screen as your light dims out.
4. Seiki SE65GY25 65 inch 1080p LED TV
This model does not feature a smart function to it, but has a slightly bigger screen at 65 inches. Output ports available are 3 HDMI, a USB, and VGA. The abundance of commonly used ports doesn’t always mean better. HDMI and VGA allow you to connect the device to most consoles and other electronics.
3. Samsung UN55JU6700 Curved 55 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
This TV has everything: 4k Ultra HD, wifi connectivity, internet capability, and a curved screen that allows you perfect viewing from any angle. The Ultra Clear Panel also eliminates reflection, and you can enjoy unadulterated viewing pleasure. YOu enjoy the blackest blacks and perfect contrast.
2. LG Electronics 60LN5400 LED TV
The basics come with this LED HD TV. If you believe the smart functionality on most TVs these days only complicate, then this is the model for you. Outputs available on this unit are 2 HDMI ports, 1 USB, 1 Composite and Digital audio. The output connections allow you to connect any other devices as required. Gaming seems to be very good with this model. The presence of a USB port allows you to connect chromecast to access shows online as well, turning your TV into a true Smart TV.
1. Sony XBR55X810C 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Enjoy Android apps with this 4K Ultra HD TV, complete with 4 HDMI ports. Connect to the internet either by LAN or WiFi, and because it is a Sony, well trusted for its quality, you get to enjoy crisp pictures and proves to be an excellent choice.
These are only some of the best TVs you can get for its size and price range. The choice is always yours, as the list only tells you which TVs are out there, but it is always your decision as to which feature is closest to your heart. Any of these TVs can be your dream TV, so until then, enjoy!
60 Inch TV Buying Guide
Looking for a new 60-inch television can be both fun and confusing. The numerous options, Internet sources, salespeople that you will encounter can create more uncertainty. Today’s latest TV models now have more extra features, add-ons, and new technologies that can leave you overwhelmed. This buying guide will help you organize your thoughts and equip yourself with all the right shopping information, so you can take home the best 60-inch television in no time.
The specs do not define picture quality
A television on display usually comes with a specification sheet that will give you a long list of confusing numbers. The only details that you should check are under the Weight/Dimensions, and Inputs. However, picture quality cannot be determined by the numbers specified on the specs.
Ultra High Definition or 4K TVs may not be what you need now
Yes, 4K TVs are the future, but they may not be necessary right now. TVs with this resolution have four times as many pixels as the 1080P HD. It may sound like a big improvement in picture quality, but it is difficult for an ordinary person to determine the difference between 1080P and 4K. Their pixels are just too tiny to provide a significant difference, unless you sit extremely close to a large TV. Besides, the 1080P TV will not be obsolete anytime soon.
Bigger is better
People who love watching TV know that bigger is always better. You can have at least 32 inches for your bedroom, and at least 50 inches for your main TV. However, a 60-inch TV or larger will fulfill your TV experience.
Some people see the TV size as far more important than considering a 4K resolution, Smart TV features, or other advanced technologies. It comes next to picture quality in terms of importance. One thing that you need to note when wanting a 60-inch TV is to check whether your room space can accommodate it. If you have ample space to bring in a 60-inch TV, then go for it.
Getting to Know Picture Quality
Picture quality is your most important factor to consider. You need to place a high priority onpicture quality, or you will just waste your money. Unfortunately, judging a TV’s picture quality is extremely difficult. You will only know its true quality once you purchase it, and bring it home. This is because the quality depends on numerous factors, like room lighting, source quality, and picture settings.
When deciding which model has the best picture quality, keep in mind these observations:
- A good picture produces the source as crisp as possible without changing the smoothness, color, or other image characteristics.
- OLED TVs have the best picture quality to date, but they are also the most expensive.
- LED LCD TVs that come with local dimming will outperform those models without it.
- Screen uniformity is an issue with LCD TVs, with some models having better quality than others.
- A good picture should be able to produce a deep shade of black.
- Color accuracy and saturation are important, too.
- Matte screens are ideal for bright rooms. They work great at reducing reflections.
- Glossy screens do well at preserving black levels.
- Put less importance on resolution, maximum light output, video processing, and display resolution.
- Picture settings play a significant role in picture quality, no matter how good your TV is.
These are only generalizations, but the best TV is always one that matches your preferences. This just shows that picture quality is far more complex than reading a spec sheet or counting pixels. Since you will never really know whether a TV has good picture quality until you bring it home, it will be best to read as many product reviews as you can.
There are additional features that are not necessary, but can improve your overall experience. These include:
- Smart TV: This feature allows you to connect your TV to your mobile devices. You can watch Netflix, YouTube, or any Internet streaming apps or websites right on your TV screen. You can even access social networking sites and view them on the TV.
- 3D Capability: A 3D TV is capable of playing 2D content, so this extra feature is an interesting add-on for those who want to improve their viewing experience.
- Slim design: Big screens can consume space, and that is why manufacturers now offer slimmer TVs. You need to take extra caution when looking for slim LCDs with LED backlights because of uniformity issues.
- Curved TVs: The design is said to make your viewing experience more enjoyable, but you will more likely buy it for its aesthetic appeal.
- Remote control: A universal remote can be extremely helpful as it can control other devices through infrared technology.
- Connectivity: Determine the number of devices that you will want to connect to your TV. You will also want to check the number of HDMI ports, SD card slots, and USB inputs available.
Before you head out to finally purchase your very own 60-inch TV, check out these quick tips to make your shopping experience more fun:
The best TV for sports and gaming is one that produces the nicest black level, color, and other necessary characteristics. Size will also play a major role because you will want to enjoy your gaming and watching sports channels on a large screen. Motion resolution and input lag should not be a major concern.
- You can use your 60-inch TV as a computer monitor.
- Plasma and rear-projection TVs are now non-existent.
- New technologies (SUHD, OLED, HDR, Quantum Dots, etc) are relatively more expensive, but not all are necessary. In fact, some of them have more value than others.
- OLED produces the best picture quality to date, but is still extremely expensive.
- Picture calibration is important in getting the most out of your TV, and you can search for the right settings on the Internet.
- Accessories that might be useful include the universal remote control, and HDMI cables.
- Your TV should last for a very long time, so look for one that has a great warranty.